Attend a Live Workshop with an Accredited Strength Switch Facilitator
How can you help your children to thrive by drawing on what’s best in them and you?
Strength-based parenting provides us with evidence based strategies to do this. It helps our children to understand themselves and their strengths better, helping them to navigate life’s ups and downs.
Designed by Dr Lea Waters, mother of two and pioneer in the field of positive psychology, the course has been designed to equip parents with a tool-kit of strategies, as well as the confidence to start practising strength-based parenting at home.
The research by Dr Waters has linked strength-based parenting to:
- Increased wellbeing and life satisfaction
- Improved grades and academic achievement
- Lower rates of depression and anxiety
- Increased parent satisfaction.
Learn from Lea in the online lessons at your own pace, in your own home, then come together to learn face to face with your facilitator and other parents.
Join one of our Strength Switch Courses and start to use strengths to help your children flourish in life.
Who is the course for?
Parents of kids of all ages - it’s never too early or too late to start applying the principles of strength-based parenting.
How do the online and live sessions fit together?
The objective of the facilitated course is to compliment what you do online and to help you to become confident in applying what you learn. There are three facilitated, live sessions that each last for 90 minutes. The sessions are spaced out over an 8 week period to give you enough time to review the content and practice what you’ve learnt before coming together with other parents, and your facilitator, to reflect on how this has been working for you and your family.
Below is an example of what the course flow typically looks like...
What will I come away with?
- Action plans to help you start to change some of your immediate reactions to certain behaviours at home, focusing more on strengths.
- Confidence in applying the concepts you’ve learnt having had the opportunity to practise them with other parents.
- Fun activities do with your kids that strengthen family bonds.
- Expertise from your facilitator for those tricky issues.
- An increased awareness of your strengths and how you can use them during both good and tough times.
- A network of other parents who you can share your journey with.
Subscribe here to strength switch updates